Job Description for Vegetable Farmer
Manually plant, cultivate, and harvest vegetables, fruits, nuts and field crops. Use hand tools, such as shovels, trowels, hoes, tampers, pruning hooks, shears, and knives. Duties may include tilling soil and applying fertilizers; transplanting, weeding, thinning, or pruning crops; applying pesticides; cleaning, packing, and loading harvested products. May construct trellises, repair fences and farm buildings, or participate in irrigation activities.
Agricultural workers typically do the following:
The job generally requires the ability to perform the following duties:
- . Operator, diving & Maintenance company Machinery, tools etc. (if company own by Tractor, also need operate and maintenance’s)[RB1] [RB2]
- As a trainee or farm labourer, you will primarily focus your efforts on manual labour. Indeed, you will carry out a range of duties, including cleaning, tractor driving, general handiwork, tending to livestock, ploughing, planting and harvesting crops. Furthermore, you might be responsible for carrying out basic maintenance and repair work on vehicles, machinery, fences, gates and walls.
Education and Experiences: –
- Minimum 5 yrs. experiences for Vegetable farming
- Knowledge of English / Hindi
- Knowledge of driving
Salary & benefits
you will earn between FJ$800.00-$900.00 per month. Once you have gained a decent amount of experience, your salary may increase to around FJD 1000.00 per month.
- Farming is more of a lifestyle choice than a career. Indeed, this isn’t your average nine-to-five office job. Farmers are required to be ‘on-call’ 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Don’t worry! This doesn’t mean you’ll be out in the fields at midnight every Saturday. It does, however, mean that if there’s a problem, you will have to deal with it quickly and effectively.
- A farmer’s working hours are also dictated by the seasons. For instance, when it comes to harvesting, you may find yourself working between 9 and 10 hours a day.
- Farmers work outside all year round. Consequently, aspiring farmers should be prepared to battle the wind, rain and sun on a regular basis. Needless to say, it’s worth investing in a decent raincoat and some suntan lotion.
How to Apply
Application should include a cover letter, CV according to the key role competences with there reference and thire contract details email to email@example.com
Address : SUR Pte Ltd /Usha Investment Pte Ltd, Lot 8, Muanikoso Road, Muanikoso Housing, 8 Miles, Nakasi, Suva Central, Phone : 8923000, email : firstname.lastname@example.org, website : www.ushainvestmentltd.com